Trade Bitcoin at Spreadex
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a decentralised digital currency that’s used as a substitute for government-backed currencies by internet users and businesses. The currency’s appeal is that there are a fixed number of ‘coins’ (21m approx.), that they are entirely unique, that there exists no central bank to control supply and that governments cannot apply tax. In essence, the currency is viewed as digital gold and as a potential inflation/devaluation hedge.
Interest in this product has dramatically increased since its inception and demand for the currency created its first exchange, MtGox, through which 80 per cent of all transactions in the currency occur.
How can I place a bet?
You can place a spread bet on Bitcoin over the phone only. Please call our financial room on 08000 526 570.
What else do I need to know? Facts, charges etc.
- You will not be able to set a stop on this market
- You are betting per dollar movement
- You can go long and short
- Daily rolling only, position will roll regardless of your account preferences
- Minimum stake size of 50p
- The spread is 2.5% a side
- The interest charged when rolling is 10% + 1 Month LIBOR
- 50% margin